Thursday, September 9, 2010

Movie Posters


Images obtained from this site: http://www.moviesonline.ca/

I love the 70's B Movie poster style for Machete. The layers and colors make it appear genuine of that time period. The poster "fold" lines top it off - like it was an actual print poster that has been stored this way for many years - way cool! It reminds me of the poster style for the original Star Wars and Raquel Welch films.

The poster for Salt has a high fashion style. It appears as a "simple" image, but appeals to the viewer's eye. I like the high contrast portrait style. Angelina's eyes draw us in to the image as does her signature pout.



The A Team. The poster is kind of choppy. The character images look out of place - obvious in the studio lighting appearance. The background truck seems to disappear behind Bradley Cooper. I like the filtering effects and high contrast, but the foot shadows look silly with the fully lighted characters - not really believable that they were in directional sunlight for those shadows - haha! Maybe they were going for this effect. The original A Team 80's television series was pretty campy - so having not seen this 2010 movie yet, I'd have to assume it falls along those lines - but of course with a bigger boom of special effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment