Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cruisin'

Photo by David Perry

The carefree drive, wind blowing through my hair, at the side of my love...this is the feeling this photo portrays for me. Life's little adventures and journeys, even if only for an afternoon. Cruisin' to the beach, hillsides for a picnic, or just driving until dusk - ahh how fabulous that would be.

I love photography. Black and white photos most of all. The era portrayed here - the movies, the cars, "Old Hollywood" glamour and classy ladies and gents - so very chic.

However, my life in reality is nothing like this - haha! In my life two little boys insist on calling me mom. I work a service retail job for longer than I care to remember. I reside in the suburbs. I am always five pounds shy of fitting in my favorite jeans. All of my scars and wrinkles are war wounds. I seek philosophy from rock music lyrics. I am self conscious of where my journey has taken me at times. I scribble images happily when I daydream. I have self diagnosed ADD. I am sarchastic. I am suspicious of know-it-alls. I take a back seat to discussions about religion. Chocolate is my drug. Advertising has a powerful affect on me - I believe the Old Spice guy really will appear in my shower. If you feed me after midnight, I may multiply. I insist on using the word "I" over and over within one paragraph with no breaks. I have mulitiple projects started and not finished. I carry a disorganized day planner. In my secret life - I am really a covert spy. And now that I have taken the time to type this all out, I am able to see that I am obviously paranoid. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment